Just to let you know that plans are being put in place to enable us to gather on a Sunday morning for worship. Following a DCC meeting last Monday it was agreed to try and open St. Mary’s, Wollaston for worship on Sunday 11th October. More details will soon be emailed, posted on Facebook and the Website, but essentially the things to note at this stage are as follows:
- Worship will begin at 11am as before.
- You will need to book into a service as we will need to know numbers to ensure the environment is safe.
- Booking will be via Jean Rose (administrator) using email or phone.
- Hand sanitisers will be available for your use as you enter and exit the building.
- The interior will be laid out ‘cafe style’, so that on arrival you will be led to a table.
- Face coverings will need to be worn on entering and moving around the building, but will be optional when seated at a table.
- Refreshments will be available from 10:45am and will be brought to you by the serving team.
- The service will be shorter than before and will last 40 – 45minutes.
- The worship team, when available, will lead us in worship but there can be no congregational singing.
- Children’s work will be offered and will use material from the new ‘WEBS Waymakers’ children’s club that Louise is setting up.
- Sadly, the Walker-Pitt Room for pre-school children will be unavailable.
- The balcony will be available where face coverings will need to be worn.
- Currently there won’t be separate youth work available but this is under review.
We are trying to ensure that the environment is both safe but also conducive to worshipping in ‘Spirit and in Truth’. Things may develop/change as we move forward and understand what works and what doesn’t etc…
An online service will still be available as we understand that not everyone will feel able to attend on a Sunday morning, and of course we won’t be able to fit everyone in each week.
Anyway, do get back to me with any questions/comments…
Finally attached is this week’s newsletter and traditional service,